The Unit of Epidemiology and Research on Health Services applies a multidisciplinary approach to the epidemiological research in the following main areas of expertise: observational studies, clinical studies, data mining, health risk assessment, assessment of outcomes in pharmacology, toxicology, diagnosis and therapy.
The Unit also participates in national and European studies on addiction risk behaviors; in the definition of individual risk factors for personalized medicine and the development of new methodologies for decision support systems in clinical field, both for public and private bodies.
The Unit is responsible for the implementation of the two national ESPAD-Italy and IPSAD surveys, both on the behavioral use of psychoactive substances and risky behaviors in the italian high school students and in the general population. In particular, thanks to ESPAD®Italia, the Unit participates in the homonymous European project in collaboration with more than forty countries and with the European Union Observatory on Drugs and Drug Addiction and the European Council, placing the Institute of Clinical Physiology among the reference actors at European level for the monitoring of addictions in Italy.
website EPIDEMIOLOGY AND RESEARCH ON HEALTH SERVICES
- Institute du thorax Hospital G&R Laennec Nantes Cedex France;
- European Monitoring Centre for Drug and Drug addiction (EMCDDA);
- Swedish Council for information on Alcohol and other Drugs (CAN);
- IPQ Analitycs Inc;
- Trans-NIH Center for Human Immunology. NIH. USA;
- Nathaniel Adamczyk Foundation USA;
- Santer Reply Snc
- Shanghai Center for Bioinformation Technology;
- Fudan University Shanghai;
- ZhongShan Hospital Shanghai.
- Università di Pavia,
- Università degli Studi di Pisa,
- Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna di Pisa,
- IRCCF Fondazione Stella Maris di Pisa,
- Azienda Ospedaliero-Universitaria Pisana,
- Fondazione Gabriele Monasterio, Pisa;
- Regione Toscana
- Regione Abruzzo,
- Regione Emilia Romagna,
- Regione Umbria;
- ASL 5 Pisa
- ASL 6 Livorno
- ASL Milano 1
- ASL Milano 2
- ASL Bergamo
- Sistemi Territoriali srl Pisa,
- SIMURG consulenze e servizi snc ,
- Rete e Sviluppo Microimpresa,
- CQR srl,
- Extra srl.